Monday, April 03, 2006

March/April Madness

Well, I'm missing the NCAA Finals right now. Maybe if the greatest cinderella story in college basketball history (George Mason University) beat Florida to make the Championship Game I'd care. But as it is, they didn't and I don't. I'm sure Bill Walton is out there somewhere talking about his glory days as a pot-smoking hippie at UCLA. Come to think of it, I'm sure he still smokes up from time to time. I'm pretty sure his only basketball vocabulary includes hyperbolic superlatives. "that's the worst defense I've ever seen" "that's the most incredible crossover this world has ever witnessed" "He just walked a country mile through the lane" He's an idiot.

The weather's changing around here. Buds are blossoming, the air smells of fecundity, people are showing some skin. And in Seattle, it's usually quite white from a winter of long pants and fleece. I've been up to the boat recently to start getting ready for the spring push. Decks to finish, portlights to install, hatches to be re-built, and money - lots of money - to be spent. More pictures to follow as the weather improves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

purely for medicinal use. And in honor of rastafarians who are true believers.