Thursday, December 28, 2006

moments like this...


This is during the launch of Epilogue. My dad had bet me $20 that she would clear the power lines by 5 feet. My guess was she would squeak under by a foot. He won the bet, gladly, and I repaid him this Christmas with a bottle of Jamison 12yr. Irish Whiskey. My parents have been a part of this process since the dramatic and nearly tragic begining and to have them here for this moment only added to the taste victory when she touched the water. Moments like this keep the dream alive and propel me towards the goal of sailing her one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great, GREAT picture. Makes me happy for both you AND your dad...two good men :)

Jim C-D said...

Congrats on your progress, my man. And thank you for your heartfelt comment last week. Friends like you make it matter.

And I would love to sail with you someday.

Love,

Jim C-D

David said...

Awesome photo of the two of you Greg!