Saturday, July 14, 2007

Slow Summer Evenings...



As yet another summer passes I am becoming more and more aware of what this project is costing me. So many parts of my life have been sacrificed to the dream of getting this project finished and Epilogue underway by this time next year. Obviously, it's a worthy endeavor for me and is changing me in ways I could have never imagined. But sometimes I just want my life back. I want slow summer evenings outside with a BBQ going. I want three day weekend backpacking trips in the North Cascades with the hope of a mocha shake at the little coffee stand in Cedro Woolley when we come down. I want sailing trips on Augusta, Sundays with nothing to do and more time with
friends.


Of course the boat doesn't demand time from me. She's not a jealous lover. She only takes what I give her and it never seems to be enough. She doesn't care if I don't show up every day. She doesn't care if I don't think about her every second of every day. So it's self imposed, but if I don't do it, nobody will and I'll be at this for years and years. I want it done and I want it done now.

No comments: