Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It is June 13th. We are nearing the Summer Solstice and one of the most wild parades I've ever seen. The Freemont Summer Solstice Parade. Every year I comtemplate the possibility of joining the brigade of naked bikers in full body paint. Every year I chicken out - or allow wisdom to prevail - or both.

Anyway, we've now got Bob Bennet started re-building Epilogue's galley. He's using a combination of existing features and building some new ones into the design. He's an exceptionally talented man. He did most of the wood work on the Safari Spirit but hangs his hat on his passion, which is making custom furniture. www.rhbfurnituremaker.com Needless to say, we're lucky to have him doing this little project for us...and he's giving us a great deal at that, as long as I clean up after him each day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks VERY cool. I can't wait to see it! (The galley, not the parade).

CJA

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see it in the parade. Will the paint be wet?

Mercurial Dreams said...

No dice. Neither me, or my boat made it to the parade. No time to paint anything!