Friday, February 16, 2007

Busted Stuff...


This is the vessel that ran into my boat early this week. I got a call from the Port of Seattle telling me I should come check out some collision damage on my boat. My stomach dropped to the floor. Surely, they didn't do damage to the 18 months of work I've done. After racing over to check the damage I was relieved to see that it wasn't as bad as I suspected. The man who hit it was backing his boat out of his slip and his throttle/transmission cable failed leaving him drifting towards my boat. Still can't figure out how he made it all the way across and didn't do more damage. Lucky for me he's an honest man and willing to pay for repairs. Unlucky for him, he's uninsured so it's coming out of his pocket. I'm pretty sure we can fix it ourselves and charge him nominally for parts and labor. Just exactly what I wanted, one more project that needs to happen.




This is the damage to the starboard toe-rail on Epilogue. It's about an 8" section that was smushed and will need to be either removed and replaced or bent back into shape. There is a very small amout of paint that was scraped off on impact. No hull or fiberglass damage.



No comments: