Monday, September 10, 2007

Whaleback Marine Systems...


Part of what I've been working on for the past couple months is the electrical and mechanical systems. When my Dad was out here, we started the engine and she ran for over an hour at the dock, in gear, and was beautiful. Short of a couple minor changes, the engine is all plumbed, wired, aligned and ready for a little test cruise around Lake Union before she goes up to Everett. This we all did by ourselves and feel pretty good about the old Perkins workhorse.

I've also been working with an exceptional electrician to build the foundation of my electirccal system. This will be a 12v system with an inverter to change to 110V if I need to run something while away from the dock. The guy doing the electrical work is building a solid, redundant and protected system that will make it easy to operate and modify as the project moves on.

No comments: