Tuesday, October 03, 2006

for now at least...


Once again, this boat that breaks my heart every day, just keeps getting more beautiful. It's slow and painstaking but the blood sweat and tears somehow turn into something rather unexpected.

So I continue. Very much aware of all the other areas of my life that suffer and wait, neglected in the cold. Most of these areas can wait another year, I think. Some of them, however, can't and I am saddened. I suppose one area is my love of the time to sit in my leather chair and read until I fall asleep or become inspired to get up and coax some words out of my head. Those times are quite rare indeed. My chair and my books look at me with a mix of longing and disdain, knowing they will again be left without so much as a glance their way.

I will continue...for now at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...wow. what a nice transom she has.

no time to read? understandable. perhaps there'll be time to reread some of your favorite quotes.

“If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads but what he rereads.” – Francois Mauriac