Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sea Trials...



Today was sunny and beautiful in Seattle so we did some more water proofing to fix leaky windows, dry-fit some more Flexi-Teak and then took Epilogue out for a little cruise around Lake Union. It's pretty fun to approach one of the three draw bridges on Lake Union in a 55' sailboat and not hail the bridge keeper. I was actually nervous passing under a bridge I normally see raise when underway aboard a sailboat. I imagine it's like having a phantom limb after an amputation. Soon enough I'll be nervous that the bridge isn't raised high enough for the 75' of mast she'll have.





Epilogue ran smoothly, cool as a cucumber and seemd to handle just fine. I'm confident she's ready to take the trip north to Everett as soon as the mast is ready to step.

1 comment:

Jim C-D said...

Hey big brutha,

How goes the battle? Winter settling in okay now?

BTW, great pictures from Pt- Traverse! More than just nostalgia. Tell those two other good fellas that I said hello.

Take Care,

Jim C-D