Monday, November 07, 2005

The Age of Sail::.

This term has so many meanings for me this year. One, today is my 35th birthday. I have entered the 36th year of my life, mostly by miracle, certainly by love, perhaps by luck, and definitely by the skill and care of an excellent hospital. I truly love Harborview Medical Center and often go back to 4West, the rehab floor where I spent two weeks, to visit the team of people who worked with me. In fact in two days, I return to 4West to undergo an extensive Neuropsych Evaluation to determine if there are any lingering or permanent deficits in my functioning. While I don't really notice anything, I'm nervous about what they will find that I don't want to be true.

As friend of mine said to me, "Seems you've had many "birthdays" over the past year. When you spoke your first words after the fall. When you were released from the hospital. When you had your final surgery. When you re-started your practice."

This is a monumental year for me that feels very much like a first year. Truly a birth day. God only knows where it will go from here, but I know that this boat will come with me.

Here's to this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Greg! Will you teach me how to sail on your boat? Love, Everett

Mercurial Dreams said...

Hey Buddy!! Of course I will. I'm already dreaming about it. By the time she's finished, you'll be old enough to man the helm all by yourself.

Guess where the boat is? It's in Everett!!!