Saturday, November 05, 2005

On A Day When the Wind is Perfect...

This poem by Rumi has me transfixed. While I like poetry and how it speaks so uniquely to the heart, I've not often been transfixed by it. Mostly because I don't spend time with it. This poem, however hit me right where it counts.

On a day when the wind is perfect,
The sail just needs to open
and the world is full of beauty.

Today is such a day.
There's a breeze that can enter your soul.
This love that I know plays the drum

Arms move around me.
Who can contain their self before this beauty?

On a day when the wind is perfect,
The sail just needs to open and the love begins.

Today is such a day.
Today is such a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just re-read this while putting some stuff together for the pendant. Damn...that poem is fine!