Friday, February 24, 2006

NO BONE FLAP...



Someday, I will have this accident to thank for my life. For how my life is different, for the jorney I have been on. It's a rather disturbing image to see, but given I have no conscious memory of that day, it's not traumatic. I think the first week in ICU was more traumatic for everybody else than it was for me. The tape on my head says, "NO BONE FLAP" - a warning to anybody who may want to come knock on my head to see if I'm in there. Just brains below that skin.

One year later, I'm looking at these photos for the first time and connecting them with all the stories I've heard.



My sister Jamie and nephew Everett came to see me from Florida and he was the first person I recognized. I think he was a little freaked out to see me like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

collide

rlw said...

man, i remember that 'no bone flap'.
hadn't remembered that scene in the hospital in a while.
wow.
i'm so glad you're here.

Anonymous said...

I had exactly the same experience with the 'No bone flap plaster', quite a weird experience.